Friday, April 22, 2011

chatterings & happenings

Today a stranger yelled out to me ‘Helllooo Madam how are you? Where are you nowadays?’ as I entered the gate of a local hyper market. I was taken aback as it turned out after a minute of confusion, an air of familiarity remained. After answering her questions & asking a few , it turns out the stranger ( a lady security guard ) frisking women entering the store was a guard who worked in a place I worked a few months earlier. After enquiring about her well-being, she informed me she was now working closer home after she gave birth to her daughter ‘Nikita’. We exchanged smiles & later bid adieu. It feels nice when you bump into an unknown acquaintance.
Also I always had a bad image of corporate India a place thronging with bad guys, greed for that huge bank balance, stooping to disgusting levels, but my recent acquaintances all from this same corporate world where I am temporarily allocated in , have left me pleasantly surprised, it took some time to gain their trust but a genuine smile & concern went a long way, now couple of them talk to me about their families , show me their family albums, few greet me with a welcoming smile & few even crack a joke or pass a witty comment & glance at me to know my reaction. Now I am happy that the situation is not as bleak as I thought it was.

No comments:

Top 3 Songs of the Day