Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A nothing day.

I had super sluggish day today. Lots of 'crappy television + chips' combo. I even gave the gym a miss. I was glued to my perfectly-positioned-favourite couch for a good half-day, only bothering to leave my vantage point to get something to munch on or answering my phone. Even the ringing of the doorbell failed to move me. By the end of the day, I needed to soothe my tired eyes with cucumber slices.
I was just watching the end of a closely contested World Cup cricket match ‘Ireland(underdogs) vs England’. The sassy Irish managed to chase down something over 320 odd, with a few balls to spare & win it from the clutches of the clumsy English. I have always been pro-underdog. There is some feel good factor involved whenever an underdog topples a biggie, against all odds.(the bookies definitely struck gold!!) The atmosphere gets electric. It fills your heart with some sort of hope. Three cheers to the beer guzzling Irish & the pink-blonde haired guy who won it for them!
Earlier I was watching ‘ Masterchef USA’ – the finale episode, it didn’t live up to its expectations. But again, the winner was a young 22 year old , country girl. Who would expect the youngest of the lot to win such a title while competing against so many experienced, smart rookies?! The world is always laughing at anyone young , some even get intimidated if you question them or have an opinion different to theirs. So though my favorite contestant ‘Sharone’- a quirky smart amateur chef was eliminated , I was glad a young girl came out a winner. Kudos!
Excuse me, now I have to stop typing as I am going to shift myself to my soft bed which is beckoning me, to catch up on some beauty sleep.
Yeah….I know…height of laziness!!;):)

No comments:

Top 3 Songs of the Day